701 W. Market Street | Perkasie, PA 18944
Phone: 215-453-7653 x1125 | Office Phone: 215-453-7653 | Fax: 267-354-6831
Cell: 267-446-7748 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
< Back to Perkasie PA Real Estate News
August 2, 2016 1:49 am
(BPT)—Do you know upwards of 15 million people move during peak real estate season?
Moving is an exciting time, but can also be overwhelming. Take the stress out of the process with these tips, courtesy of Penske Truck Rental:
1. Prepare to pack. Save time by ordering moving supplies, such as boxes, bubble wrap, labels and tape in advance online.
2. Purge. Less is more when it comes to moving. Donate, sell or toss items that you no longer use, rather than pack them.
3. Reserve a truck early. Reserve a moving truck at least two weeks ahead of your move. Allow 150 cubic feet of truck space for each fully-furnished.
4. Pack smart. Start the packing process by boxing up out-of-season and non-essential items. Leave a box open, if necessary—it's easier to tape a box shut on moving day than it is to pack it at the last minute.
5. Label well. Labeling can save you hours of unpacking. Begin by labeling each box with the room it belongs in, followed by details about the contents, such as “fragile.” (Bonus Tip: Keep boxes from the same room grouped together on the truck.)
6. Transfer services. Contact your service and utility providers to discontinue cable, gas, electricity, refuse collection and water. Schedule the cut-off for a day or two after your move, in case there is a delay due to unforeseen circumstances.
7. Pick up the truck the night before. Pick up your truck rental the evening before the move to save time on moving day. Get familiarized with the vehicle and verify the best driving directions to your new home.
8. Start early. Depart early in the morning to avoid traffic and allow extra time to unload at your new home.
9. Drive wise. Moving trucks require more distance to stop. Be aware of low-hanging tree branches and building overhangs. Park only in well-lit areas, and keep the rear door padlocked and the passenger compartment doors locked.
10. Keep important items on-hand. Pack a road trip bag to keep your phone, paperwork, credit cards, identification, a set of clothes, beverages and snacks close at hand while you drive.
Source: Penske Truck Rental (PenskeTruckRental.com)
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Copyright© 2017 by eWebEngine - A Division of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated
RE/MAX 440, PA